1. Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on www.yellowpup.co.uk (Site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, using our services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report any problems with the Site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of any transactions you carry out through the Site; and
- details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access; and
- any information incidental to that listed above.
2. IP addresses, cookies and similar technologies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. This information will be deleted after 12 months or sooner.
- We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using technology such as “cookies”, which store information on the hard drive of your computer. This type of technology helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service for you. It enables us:
- to understand visitor numbers;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you and your requirements when you return to our site.
- to present more targeted advertising reflecting your interest.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to control and disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- You may refuse to accept some technologies such as cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of technologies such as cookies. If you refuse all cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. If you do not activate these settings on your browser then you will be taken to have consented to the use of these technologies.
3. Where we store personal data
4. Security and Control of Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions are processed and encrypted by our third party payment providers Paypal and Stripe. Yellow Pup Ltd (and www.yellowpup.co.uk) does not store your card details for any reason. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your passwords with anyone.
- Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features in order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
5. How we use information
- We use information in the following ways:
- to maintain, improve and administer the Site;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site and service (including management of your online account), when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to generate personal profile reports about you which we use to help to tailor our Site, and our interactions with you to suit your preferences.
- If you are an existing Customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
6. Sharing information
- We may disclose personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Yellow Pup Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yellow Pup Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may pass your personal data to a third party partner organisation for the purposes of analysing customer demographic information. This third party is subject to contractual arrangements and will not pass your personal data to any other party.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at @include(‘front.partials.support-email’)
- For our refer a friend programme, we may notify the referrer when you place an order. We will not tell them what you have ordered, or pass on any of your personal information.
7. Links to other sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Accessing your Information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a “subject access request” under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy.
- Any formal subject access request should be made in writing to the address below and may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you.